after the rain.

after the rain.
beauty is left.

blog list

Monday, February 11, 2008

older poetry: A Request.

A Request

Oh Lord release me of this pain i feel.

the pain that burdens me ever so.

the burden that weighs these weak shoulders.

i have been troubled and in distraught.

frustrated and in the dark.

the dark bleek abyss that swallowed my every bit of joy.

the shadow i loomed over that haunted my countless dreams of wonder.

the nightmares drove me onto the edge.

the edge that i nearly slipped to fall into a deep state of insanity.

the horror, the pain, the silence of my life had been slaughtered by the villians of the night.

grasping just a gasp of this very air so fragrant and gentle.

may i have found this piece of mind?

this "happiness", this feeling of rejoice over truimph of my greatest fears?

i think not.

for the sweet sounds and whisps of air are outnumbered and

ousted by the thundering beats and cutting swords of sharp invisible insults.

left as frail and nimble as a victim of plague,

i am caught vulnerable in so many conditions of failure.

my will, my strength, my power

all disappeared. vanished

in the middle of the night

Oh Lord my thread of hope is thin

the eversweet fruits of life i once held deep in these arms

have melted and been grounded into this barren earth

so wasted and useless. just like my sense of justice

Lord, i implore

lift me of the burdens and sorrows once more

come to side and relieve my mind

of this sicking pain and sharpening blade

that punctures my every part of this

weak sorrowful soul

Let me rest

Let me have peace

Let me restore what is drawing near the shore

My request

the request of

Tranquility.

(1/11/07)

-lilxerica

No comments:

acceptance

You just can't hold on forever.
Giving up something you held
so dearly is tough, but manageable.
We all have to move on.
Right?

Please fill out!